AIDS: The FTM Response and the Death of Lou Sullivan
"I've recently been diagnosed with AIDS and don't expect to be around long. And I want my story preserved. -Lou Sullivan
- December 1986 - Lou Sullivan is diagnosed with HIV and told he has 10 months to live.
- July 4, 1989 - Lou Sullivan's Letter to David
- June 1990 - FTM gathering addresses issues of AIDS
- March 2, 1991 - Lou Sullivan becomes the first FTM to die of AIDS
- April 1991 - Lou Sullivan is Memorialized in FTM Issue 15
- Autumn 1996 - FTM Issue 35 article: Silence=Death?
Letter to David 7/4/1989
The First Transman to Die of AIDS
In his own words:
These rare clips chronicle conversations between Lou Sullivan and Dr. Ira Pauly. Lou and Dr. Pauly recorded 4 interviews over the three years before Lou died of AIDS.
After his death:
- Video: Female to Gay Male Transexualism: 1 Gender and Sexual Orientation, Interview by Ira B. Pauly, University of Nevada School of Medicine, 1/12/1988 (see above)
- From: Female to Gay Male Transexualism, Interviews by Ira B. Pauly, University of Nevada School of Medicine, 1988 - 1990.