Florence Hines, Male Impersonator
OutHistory Needs Your Help
- Let's find out as much as we can about Florence Hines. Add what you find here.
Earliest dates listed first.
1900, January 13
- Miss Florence Hines the premier male impersonator is adding laurels to her heavy stock, by putting on her “nobly swell” act with added business She is the bronze Vesta Tilley and is being featured with the Big Minstrel Festival.
1900, October 6
- Florence Hines, the imcomparable [sic] male impersonator is playing dates in the East.
Hill, Errol G. and James V. Hatch. A History of African American Theatre. Cambridge University Press, July 2003. Series: Cambridge Studies in American Theatre and Drama (No. 18). ISBN:9780521624435. DOI: 10.2277/ 0521624436. Florence Hines on page ? Errol G. Hill, Dartmouth College, New Hampshire. James V. Hatch, City University of New York. 632 pages, 43 b/w illus. Replaced by9780521624725
- ↑ The colored American. (Washington, D.C.) 1893-19??, January 13, 1900, Image 6. Image and text provided by Library of Congress, Washington, DC. Persistent link: http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83027091/1900-01-13/ed-1/seq-6/
- ↑ The colored American. (Washington, D.C.) 1893-19??, October 06, 1900, Image 11. Image and text provided by Library of Congress, Washington, DC. Persistent link: http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83027091/1900-10-06/ed-1/seq-11/